Wed, 30 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 42.1
- A recap of the past week of activities and movie news involving John Waters, the scourge of Hollywood - Diablo Cody, a hot dog makes her lose control, 13 Ghosts, Bai Ling, Highlander, Night of the Living Dead: Origins, David Cronenberg, Matthew Lillard, Night Gallery, stealing screenplay ideas from your kids, The Haunted Mansion, Roman Polanski, Sweet Valley High, Das Boot, Kendra, They Live, George Clooney playing Ronald McDonald, bears and cubs, the true horror of Boo Berry, Hugh Hefner, Arthur Ferrante, trying not to creep out Danielle, The House on Haunted Hill, Trashfiend, Spy Kids 4, directors commentaries, Children of the Corn, Scream 4, lumpy face, 35-year old teenagers, broken DVD's from Netflix, Barbie Banzai brought to life, Crank 2, Ace Frehley, more of The Fly, and the punishment of living in France.
Plus a new entry in our running series - Movie Fan Freakshow! Live in fear of... THE PUFNSTUF PEDOPHILE
Please monitor your intake of Monster cereals.
Direct download: This_Filthy_World_of_Barbie_Pedophiles_and_Count_Chocula_Ep_42.1_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 3:03 AM
Fri, 25 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 41.2
- Join us for our new running series One from the Vaults, where we listen to an actor's take on the movie before we delve into it ourselves. This week we hear from Billy Dee Williams about the Sylvester Stallone/Rutger Hauer terrorist vs. cop movie – NightHawks. Then we give our own thoughts on this action/thriller. Including spoiler discussions that are a real “drag”. Plus response from a listener on the film and on the categorizing of movies.
Warning: This movie may keep you off the Roosevelt Island Tram.
Direct download: Nighthawks_vs._the_Terrorist_Bounder_Ep_41.2_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 4:31 AM
Wed, 23 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 41.1
- Aside from this week's top movies and latest news we also give a special tribute to Patrick Swayze. PLUS our exclusive interview with the man himself - BILLY DEE WILLIAMS
- If that wasn't cool enough, we also discuss... Halloween 3D, Henry Gibson, Cliff's Edge, the not-so-popular Megan Fox, Patrick Lussier, Jim Carroll, Head Nazi of the Illinoise chapter, Matt Damon, Silent Hill 2, Mary Travers, The Beast, Clint Eastwood, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Orry Main, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Lando on Robot Chicken, Aniston vs. Fox, Ridley Scott and an apocalyptic plague of bloodthirsty vampire test subjects.
Bodhi's headed out to face the ultimate wave.
Direct download: Billy_Dee_and_Swayze_The_Essence_of_Cool_Ep_41.1_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 1:08 AM
Fri, 18 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 40.2
- In this episode we discuss SARS WARS: Bangkok Zombie Crisis. A special movie from Thailand that features anime, explosions, Asian schoolgirls, tickle torture, gore, guns, zombies, transsexuals, pseudo-lightsabers, a bear with a shotgun, Dr. Fishnets, swordplay, a giant zombie snake and an old man in Sponge Bob underpants.
- Plus our interview with voice actor Tom Kane. From trailer voice-overs, to playing Yoda and Prof. Utonium, to being the voice of the Oscars - Tom has done some impressive work.
Let us show you how to use an elevator in a hip way.
Direct download: Nobody_Expects_a_Bear_with_a_Shotgun_Ep_40.2_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 4:53 AM
Wed, 16 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 40.1
- We recap our trip to ScareFest, plus we discuss lots of movie news and going-ons. And just who are the mysterious Potatohead and Ceiling Eyes?? Tune in to find out, plus just how their adventures involve...
- Oscar-winner Roger Corman, the new B.A. Baracus, filling The Duke's big shoes, Army Archerd, Ghost Adventurers, the fun and excitement that was Ken Foree, Sorority Row, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Dee Wallace, Godzilla vs. Mothra, Day of the Triffids, Tyler Perry's (insert movie name here), James Gunn, kicking a GhostHunters ass, a bootleg ghetto copy of Big Wolf on Campus, Halloween vs. Christmas, Larry Gelbart, talking to E.T.'s mom, watching Movie Meltdown, Halloween 4 and 5, Two on a Guilletine, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Bryan's crushin' on Danielle Harris, Greg minus the Dharma, UltraMan, 9, working without studio head interference, gleeking on chicks, a surreal car ride with Ken Foree, the man in black that doesn't get resolved, Sprockets, Guillermo del Toro's Disney movies, PG Porn, superhero movies, Dick in a Box -The Movie!, Jeff Bridges, Danielle popping out of the screen, Psycho Beach Party, Marvel Handful of Heroes, Whiteout, and why isn't the inside of my computer like Tron?
Danielle, call me...
Direct download: The_Adventures_of_Potatohead_and_Ceiling_Eyes_Ep_40.1_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 3:52 AM
Fri, 11 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 39.2
- This week we return to the Sofa Theater to watch Stan Winston's PumpkinHead. Plus comments about the movie recorded live at Fright Night and all the rest of our antics you've come to love. Or at least listen to.
It’s the most hideous ping pong ball I’ve ever seen!
Direct download: SonYouGotAPumpkinOnYourHead_Ep_39.2_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 4:59 AM
Wed, 9 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 39.1
- This episode we riff on... Marvel vs. Disney, The Punisher, Kirsten Dunst and hot canines, Cowboys and Aliens, Jonah Hex, Iron Man, Lobo vs. Guy Ritchie, BFF's Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr., Paul W.S. Anderson, Elizabethtown memories, Sword of the Stranger, PG-13 vs. R, Beavis and Butthead nostalgia, Milla kicking The Three Muskateers asses, steam-punk renaissance, kryptonite hoochies, Halloween 3D?, Loomis is mostly dead, 30 Days of Night: Dark Days, Rambo fights illiteracy, reuniting the Coreys, Island of Terror, Sherlock Holmes and watching quite possibly the worst movie ever.
- And we feature the second half of our interview with Tom Woodruff Jr. Where we discuss how he become involved in the Alien franchise, playing PumpkinHead and about taking on the role of director in his own film projects.
Doesn't EVERYBODY own a custom-made Gorilla suit?
Direct download: AliensGorillasAndVengeanceDemonsOhMy_Ep_39.1_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 7:01 AM
Sun, 6 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 38
- This is it!! Movie Meltdown's BITCH SLAP Special! Featuring interviews with the stars of Bitch Slap - Erin Cummings and America Olivo.
- Where else will you hear about a corporate bombshell, sandstorms in New Zealand, three and a half inch heels, gruesome things done with a rake, lots of cleavage, swooning over Ron Melendez, a stripper with a heart of gold, Eva Maria, Lucy Lawless, Pigpen from the Peanuts gang, baton twirling, Zoe Bell, an obnoxiously large gun and the longest and most intense chick-fight in cinema history!
- Only here on Movie Meltdown's BITCH SLAP Special! Don't miss it!
You do know what a wafflecrapper is don't you?
Direct download: The_Sisterhood_of_the_Traveling_Push-up_Bra_Ep_38_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 11:40 PM
Fri, 4 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 37.2
- This week we hit the theaters and see Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 and THE Final Destination. Plus feedback and new music from Captain Clegg and the Night Creatures.
Who doesn't like 3D 'splosions and dead bodies?
Wed, 2 September 2009
Movie Meltdown - Episode 37.1
- As usual we delve into movie news and geeky conversations. But this time we round it out with a fun interview with actress (Friday the 13th, The Last Resort), singer (formerly in Soluna) and Playboy covergirl (June 2009) - America Olivo! Find out how she got into the business, hear about the other side of making a movie and listen to what it was like to go camping with Jason!
- Plus we get sidetracked talking about... The Ballad of G.I.Joe, Hollywood's Twitter updates, Rob Zombie's Strategy, the Vinnie Jones workout plan, Werewolf by Night, do Vikings have sleds?, the Whip it one sheet, screwing up our own names, The Lather Effect, Pathfinder, collecting Tin-Tin, animated Spawn, lounging around The Four Seasons, who did Ione Skye get married to?, what happened to Bill Bellamy?, plundering the booty, a Latin girl group Monkees TV show, Eric Stoltz, watching the end of Battlestar Galactica, Megan Thumbs as Catwoman, making $600 million, miserable high school days, cutting Carnivale short, the knock-off Journey, Hancock 2, Rob Zombie signs his new deal, Solomon Kane comics, watching lengthy TV series, reading Highlights Magazine, mini Imax, Pirate Latitudes, Red Sonja, the return of The Blob, singing opera, recasting Indiana Jones, going to hell is interesting and Ellen Page dressed as a Girl Scout.
Don't forget your sleeping bag.