Fri, 28 August 2009
Episode 36.2 - Movie Meltdown
- This episode we review Inglourious Basterds (including an alternate World War 2 spoiler area) and look at the over-all arc of Tarantino’s career. Plus lots of other random stuff, including feedback, upcoming movies and lots of fun Nazi songs (sing-a-long, if you want.)
More basterds please.
Thu, 20 August 2009
Episode 35.2 - Movie Meltdown
- The coverage from Fright Night Film Fest continues as we talk to Jack Daniel Stanley, winner of the Best Director award. Then we meet actor Ari Bavel and conduct a special interview with Dawn of the Dead's Mike Christopher and G. Joe Shelby.
- And of course, all that interspersed with our smart-ass comments on what's going on around us. We can't help it, we're socially unacceptable. Either way, a great film fest and a fun show!
Direct download: When_theres_no_more_room_in_hell_the_dead_will_go_to_horror_conventions_Part_2_Ep_35.2_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 10:17 PM
Thu, 13 August 2009
Episode 34.2 - Movie Meltdown
- Join us for our Sofa Theater feature - The Monster Squad. A movie from a simpler time when all kids had to worry about - was the Wolfman.
- Well that, and non-pc name calling. And a family that's falling apart. And a scary German guy. All right, it's a still a pretty horrific world, but it's also loaded with nostalgia and the wonder of being a 12-year old kid that thinks monsters are cool. I guess, some of us never grew out of that phase.
(German Accent) "Read Faster!"
Thu, 6 August 2009
Episode 33.2 - Movie Meltdown
- In this week's Sofa Theater session we discuss John Carpenter's CHRISTINE. An obsessive love story of a man and his vehicle.
- We look at how this film differs from Carpenter's other work, comment on the car-on-car violence and even share some stories of our own obsessions with cars.
- Plus we go over feedback (which includes a mild rant), discuss The Box, miniature golf and our upcoming secret mission. And maybe along the way you can figure out what exactly makes something musically Bad to the Bone!
Also Beware... Misty's got evil in her chassis!
Direct download: Factory_Option_Evil_Part_2_Ep_33.2_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 10:31 PM
Tue, 4 August 2009
Episode 33.1 - Movie Meltdown
- As usual we cover Geek Activities, Gross Hollywood, What's the Buzz? and some how work in...
Michael Mann, Funny People, inFAMOUS, Zac Efron, Kong: King of Skull Island, Public Enemies, Ray Harryhausen characters, Alice gets no respect, Aliens in the Attic came out?, DJ Caruso, Dylan Dog, Alien homeworld, trying to find your own version of Christine, Jack Sparrow robbing a bank, 500 Days of Summer, jonesin' for more True Blood, Godzilla Force, Dead Space, The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud, Gremlins 3, puppets vs. CGI, space jockey backstory, hanging out at the Playboy mansion, burning down the house, Suspiria, motion capture just doesn't look real, Alastair Sim, throwing off your brake shoe, Tetris - The Movie, Captain Blood, is digital supposted to be that dark?, the Theater of Death tour, Judd Apatow, "I'll take a flaming citron please", Blood Car, swashbuckler space fights, "I've always loved Karl Urban!", Castlevania, a Q-Bert sitcom?, "... and death is always cool.", an interracial love story between Aliens and human, what's your favorite verion of A Christmas Carol?, Miami Vice, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Harry Potter has too much gravitas?, Alien prequel updates and Alice Cooper's golf balls.
- Plus we interview Bill Gibson, the current owner of one of the last surviving 1958 Plymouth Fury's actually used in the filming of CHRISTINE! And we learn from Bill, that even today - you don't mess with Christine!
Beware! Christine still demands respect!
Direct download: Factory_Option_Evil_Part_1_Ep_33.1_-_Turbo_3000.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 10:54 PM