Wed, 1 July 2009
Episode 28 – Movie Meltdown
- As independence day draws near, we take a look at one of this country's greatest heroes – Evel Knievel! Entertainer, stuntman, patriot, all-around bad-ass. God bless that red, white and blue bastard! Aside from damned-near devoting a religion to the man, we also review 1977's Viva Knievel. Quite possibly one of the most awesome (and ridiculous) movies ever produced. Listen as we tell tales of Evel slapping children, promoting helmet safety and foiling drug smugglers. It’s all in a day’s work when you’re the coolest man on the planet.
- Also in this, our most over-crowded installment of Hollywood Boneyard, we try to figure out what was up with all the celebrity deaths this week.
- Plus we unveil a new character in our Movie Fan Freakshow known as The Delivery Guy. Accompanied by a disturbing cartoon companion piece.
- And we jump over a firey pit of…True Blood, Paul Blart : Zoo Cop!, dressing in drag and sitting at home, a cheesy-looking drawing, Transformers 2, The Social Network, Lorena Gale, switchblade fangs, effect-bonanza, Jake the Snake in pearls, recording movies on the DVR, The Zookeeper, Oscar Nominee - G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra?, poor Rosario Dawson, stories of Rocky glory days, Ray Bradbury, Ed McMahon, fire me into the Snake River, fondling a VHS tape, integrating vampires, going to the drive-in, a gold tooth on a robot?, Ryan O’Neal, porn with vampires, father and son issues, Michael Bay's Jar Jar Binks, Facebook - The Movie!, jumping my bike off the driveway into a ditch, giving 70’s Elvis a run for his money, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Frank Darabont, The STRATO CYCLE, Our Gang, Road to Perdition, jive-talking Autobots, The Hurt Locker, The American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, humongous collars, side-swiping a goat, In Like Flint, David Fincher, Fahrenheit 451, my first two awesome bikes, Farrah Fawcett, sexy chest hair, Gordon Douglas, alternate Evel universe, changing the Oscars, Billy Mays, Wile E. Coyote stunts, Them, Gene Kelly, Robbie Knievel, and of course like the rest of the world - we have to discuss Michael Jackson.
- Everyone stand and salute the star-spangled bad-ass!